I got the horizontal spar started today. The two sides were sanded on the edges to be the correct size and be symmetrical. The face of each side on the joining edges was scuffed with 60 grit and 1/4″ of foam was dug out from the ends.
I made center marks at 3 places on each half and put plastic wrap over the location of the joint. I put the two halves together and lined up all the dots along the laser. I scraped off any excess flox.
The two halves aligned. Noted the pencil alignment marks.
I sanded off any excess 5min flox and took off the shine with 60 grit and trimmed the edges with a utility knife.